This kiln has
been discontinued by the manufacturer.
You can see the kilns we currently
Table Top Kiln
This kiln has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
You can see the kilns we currently carry here.
Table Top Kiln
Glass Fusing, Annealing, Glassblowing,
Beadmaking, Casting, Ceramics, PMC, Art Clay Silver
by Sundance, this kiln uses common available household electricity.
It runs on 120 volts at 14 amps. Electricity cost to run these
kilns for one hour at half power is aproximently 9 cents per
hour, dial heat control switch (ICS) is included with each kiln,
pyrometer to measure temperature is not necessary for glass fusing
and can be purchased separately. Kilns are made with insulating
fire brick and are all 4-1/2" tall inside. An extension
ring can be added to increase the height by 2-1/4" or 4-1/2"s.
These kilns can also be used for ceramics, copper enameling,
or many different uses. These kilns have the unique feature of
being modular and stacking. This allows you to add accessories
to turn the kiln into a kiln for beadmaking, a crucible kiln,
a casting kiln or kilns for other uses! Note the unique feature
of the single grip, wooden handled lid that won't get hot. All
kilns should be kept 12" from any flammable materials.
The HG6 by HotGlass
Includes the 3 above parts - HG6T, HG6F, HG6B
If you want to ANNEAL your glass, you mut be able to read the temperature of the kiln! You must select from one of the 3 temperature reading devices below.
What can you make with this kiln?
- Jewelry pins, earrings, barretts
- Glass Tiles
- Jewelry pendants
- Glass Coasters
- anything small !
Click here for more information.
Why the HG kilns are better!
- This kiln is made by HotGlass. They invented the front door brick kiln! We have evaluated the few worthy bead kilns now made and we found HotGlass to be the best quality, more features and at the best price! There is no choice or question what kiln is the best!
- These HotGlass kilns can also be used for fusing, annealing glass, enameling or ceramics. Most other bead kilns do not.
- These HotGlass kilns are priced lower than any other bead kiln on the market. Prices start under $269 for a kiln with pyrometer for reading temperature and a dial control switch for adjusting the temperature!
- The HotGlass kilns are Fiber Free for those of you who do not like to have ceramic fiber in your studio. (Some of our HotGlass kilns come with a fiber cloth door, but this cloth is not necessary and can be easily removed.)
- These HotGlass kilns have several unique
features not found in other brand bead kilns. Easily add an Bead
Collar with a side opening to this kiln! See features below.
- Fiber cloth door on some models. This feature is ingenious! This easy to open cloth door helps keep the heat in and wraps around any glass rods or mandrels sticking out of the kiln.
- Optional Built in bead rack for glass beadmakers. And not just a regular bead rack. This allows one to stack across and upward so three or four times as many beads can be put in these kilns each beadmaking session! This makes our kilns three to four times larger than other kilns of the same size!
- Wooden handles. Other brand kilns have metal handle lids or doors which are worthless when the kiln gets hot.
Accessories for the HG6 Kiln: